Avoid a Tax Surprise

Avoid a Tax Surprise

New tax laws have changed the amount of income taxes withheld from your paycheck.

If you don’t withhold enough tax, you may have an unexpected tax bill in 2019

Review your federal Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate, now to see if you have the right amount of federal and state income taxes withheld from your paycheck.

Steps to take:

1. Use the withholding calculator at IRS.gov to estimate your federal withholding.

2. Use the 2018 W-4 Worksheet for Idaho at tax.idaho.gov/w4 to estimate your Idaho withholding.

3. Make any needed changes to Form W-4 and give it to your employer.

For more information, visit tax.idaho.gov/w4

Scroll to Top